Glendalough Rescue 22/7/14
- Call Out 32:On Tuesday 22nd July at approximately 12:12hrs, Gardai tasked mountain rescue to an incident in Glendalough involving a hill-walker who had sustained a head injury.
- Members of the Glen of Imaal Red Cross Mountain Rescue Team were in the valley and proceeded directly to the incident site while other team members, along with volunteers from the Dublin/Wicklow Mountain rescue team, responded to the miners village in Glendalough, where they set up Rescue Base
- The 55 year male who was out walking with a group of friends had sustained a head laceration having slipped backwards on a rock.
- Members of the group he was with provided initial treatment whilst mountain rescue personnel made their way to the incident location above the zig zags on the Glenealo River.
- Due to the nature of the incident the Coast Guard helicopter “Callsign Rescue 116” was tasked from Dublin Airport.
- The casualty was then winched on board Rescue 116 and transported to hospital for definitive care.