Great Sugarloaf Rescue 02/11/14
- At approximately mid-day on Sunday, November 2nd, both the Glen Of Imaal Red Cross Mountain Rescue Team and the Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team were tasked to help a man who had become unwell while descending Sugarloaf Mountain in Wicklow.
- A HSE Ambulance Crew were also responding and they had requested the assistance of the Coastguard Helicopter.
- The man in his 50’s had been out walking with his family when he collapsed. The HSE crew were on scene to help, followed soon after mountain rescue personnel. The Coastguard were available to airlift the man but it was decided to evacuate the casualty by stretcher instead.
- Both teams made quick work of the stretcher carry back to the car park where he was transferred to the HSE Ambulance for hospital transfer and definitive care.
- Wicklow Mountain Rescue would like to thank all agencies involved including: HSE Ambulance Service and the Irish Coast Guard.