Hellfire Search 18/09/14
- Call Outs
- 20th September 2014
- On Thursday, September 19th at approximately 23.15hrs both the Glen of Imaal Red Cross Mountain Rescue Team and the Dublin & Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team were tasked by An Garda Siochana to come to the assistance of a group of hikers that had become disorientated near the Hellfire Club in Co. Dublin.
- The group of eight family and friends had gone for a fun night-hike up to the Hellfire Club but dense fog developed and they became disorientated while trying to navigate the tracks on the return trip and they eventually rang for assistance.
- Due to information given it was established that they were in no immediate danger. The Glen Team remained on stand by while DWMRT sent in an MR 4×4 to the scene. There was good communication with the group via mobile throughout who, apart from being a bit cold, were all in good spirits.
- After a brief search the wayward walkers were found on the correct track down from the Hellfire Club and were escorted to their cars from where they were able to make their own way home a little later than planned.
- Mountain Rescue would like to thank all who responded.