Charlie Froud Foundation Ball and Charily Auction
- Our Team Leader Ann Fitzpatrick and 4 fellow team members attended the 4th annual Charlie Froud Foundation Ball and Charity Auction in Bristol on Saturday 9th of November.
- Charlie, a 14year old boy tragically died in a light air crash accident in the Wicklow Mountains in 2008 along with his friend Ayman Booz and his parents Shariff and Margaret Booz. The Glen of Imaal Red Cross MRT and their colleagues in the Dublin & Wicklow MRT as well as other MRI teams mounted a search effort which ended in the recovery of the victims of this tragic accident. David, Heather and Georgia Froud have turned their personal tragedy into a positive effort to fundraise for the organisations that helped on that day in 2008 along with Charlie’s school and a children’s hospice in their local area. The Froud Foundation have a strong link and friendship with the Glen Team and have been significant donors to our new Base in Laragh. Our team gratefully accepted a donation for £5000 last Saturday night which will go toward provision of a drying room in the rescue base. This will be an essential addition to our current provision as it will allow adequate drying and protection of expensive equipment which is important in improving it’s effective lifespan.
- Follow the Froud’s on they’re wonderful adventures by clicking on:
- They have plans for wacky races coming to Ireland in May 2014 so keep an eye out for these upcoming events!
- Best wishes and warm thoughts to all in the Froud Foundation, we hope to see you in Ireland again soon!